Wednesday 30 May 2012

A thought on feelings... anger

People get angry all the time. For example, people become angry when;
They fail a test
Others laugh at them
They are tricked / teased
etc. etc. etc.

But the questions are; who are they angry at, and why are they really angry?

Now, what are the answers?

I think the answer to the first question (Who) is; They are angry at themselves.
When I am angry, I am angry at myself. I realized this a few weeks ago.
My reasons? Let's say, for example, you fail a test. You are angry. Why? Because you feel like a failure. You feel like if you put some more effort into study, you would have passed.

Ok now for another example; You share a room with one of your siblings, and the room is in a mess. You are interrupted from computer, reading, art etc., whatever you like to do in your free time, to go clean up your room. Of course, it is natural that you'll get angry. Now, who are you angry at? Your siblings? I don't believe so. I think you're angry at yourself. You feel like if you had cleaned your room when you first saw it was messy, instead of putting it off 'till later, you would've been able to finish whatever you were doing in your free time. But who will you blame? Probably your siblings. Why? Because we, as humans, naturally do not like to blame ourselves. When we are blamed for something, we feel guilty, the guilty feeling doesn't feel nice, so we try not to feel it. So, we blame our siblings, so we won't feel guilty. The more we do this, the more we convince ourselves that it really isn't our fault, so rather soon it becomes so natural that we automatically do it!

I believe I answered both questions then but anyway a recap;
Who? We get angry at ourselves Why? Because we don't like to think that we've failed at something.
Well, that's what I think anyway.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Nice Post :) That IS some deep thinking.

    I think the part about blaming sibblins - and other people in general - is very accurate.

    After reading your post I think I had better Practice a bit more for my upcoming test. justttt in case :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)

      Haha, good luck (I know it's probably a bit late but, hey, it's the thought that counts!) :P

      Delete

Hey, feel free to add a comment!
Please no swearing / inappropriate language etc., please.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!