Friday 3 January 2014

Happy New Year!!!

Hello, Blogger land! I have returned from a very long absense!

Since we are not long in to the new year of 2014, I think I might give a brief review of the many things that has happened this year!

JANUARY
I began lessons again at the conservatorium, preparing for my 6th Grade Clarinet exam. I also joined the Chamber Ensemble, Wind Ensemble, Stage band, and Clarinza (a clarinet ensemble)

I enrolled and began to prepare for TAFE

FEBRUARY
I began my TAFE course! Met some pretty amazing people there, too!

MARCH
I think it was March when I auditioned for my first ever play Rockin' Robin, and received a chorus part.


APRIL
Headed back to South Australia for a holiday! Got to catch and meet a heap of the awesome people down there! We had my sister's 21st birthday party, and a homescooling camp.


MAY
I competed, with a clarinet ensemble, in my first ever eisteddfod, and, I'm proud to say, we won our section!
It was also in May that Rockin' Robin had it's performances. I ended up with a few small lines, nothing much, but it was heaps of fun doing it! Unfortunately, the last night of the play clashed with the eisteddfod, and so I couldn't be there for that one, but my sister filled in for me, so it was all good.


JUNE
I continued TAFE and preparing for my exam.


JULY
In July, I once again headed back to South Australia for South Australian Music Camp. I enjoyed it so much, and I really loved catching up with my friends again!

AUGUST

In August, I sat my grade 6 AMEB practical clarinet exam, which I received an A for.
I also helped backstage for the next theatre performance: Wyrd Sisters. On one night, I ended up being an understudy, as one of the actresses was ill, so I had to take her part! Fortunately, I had been prompt, so I knew all her lines already, and I just whacked on a costume and did it. I enjoyed it, too!

SEPTEMBER

In September, I went to the Lennox Head Catholic Homeschooling camp, and I had a blast, as always!
I also performed with the North Coast Performing Arts Association, at the Bellingen Music Festival. We played The Nutcracker Suite by Tchaikovsky, and The Armed Man by Karl Jenkins. I played second clarinet, with my teacher beside me on first.

I was also roped in to another play: The Boyfriend. They needed someone to play the character 'Dulcie' for them, so I did. I enjoyed working with my friends that I had made in Rockin Robin, again, and I made a heap more friends! One of them happens to be my favourite person at the moment. :)

OCTOBER

In October, I, once again, performed with the North Coast Performing Arts Association, in two concerts at Nambucca Heads and Grafton. I enjoyed both concerts, as this was my first experience playing in an orchestra.

NOVEMBER

I prepared nonstop for The Boyfriend, and also for the celebration concerts at The Clarence Valley Conservatorium. On the second last weekend of November, I played in the celebration concerts. On the last weekend of November, I performed in The Boyfriend.
I also passed my Tafe course: Cert IV Music Performance

DECEMBER
The first weekend of December held the final performances of The Boyfriend. I loved this play so much!

Later in the month, I turned 18! I held myself a party, which turned out to be an absolute cracker! It was brilliant!
I went to a homeschooler's Christmas Party, which was great fun! My oldest sister came to visit, as well.
Then, on New Years Eve, we went party hopping. We went to a homeschooler's party, and then to a party with our friends from The Criterion.



I want to thank all of my buddies who helped me out this year! And the thing is, a heap of you didn't even know you helped me. All you may have done is a little thing that people would consider "normal", but I remember and appreciate every single moment.

This year has been a year full of firsts for me... first time in an orchestra, first time on a plane, first proper educational course, first play, first boyfriend, first esteiddfod, and, on a much deeper level, it's the first time I've considered a place as 'home'. Yeah, I'm weird, but I never considered where I used to live as home.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY! Last year was great, let's make this one absolutely fan-tas-tic! Allons-y!
GERONIMOOOOOOOOOO!!!




2 comments:

  1. sound like fun!!!! what do you plan to do this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year, I'm going to be doing the Diploma in Music Performance at TAFE, and I'm also studying for my Grade 8 Clarinet Practical Exam (and hopefully a theory exam of some kind! Either grade 4 or 5).

      I'll also be applying for uni in the cities, hopefully I'll get in somewhere!

      Delete

Hey, feel free to add a comment!
Please no swearing / inappropriate language etc., please.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!