Tuesday 6 May 2014

Concerts!

Over the past weekend, I had two concerts over two days. One in Grafton, and one in Bellingen. These concerts were with the orchestra that I am a part of: The North Coast Performing Art's Association.

The program was:
G.F. Handel - Ouverture from 'An Occasional Oratorio'
J.S. Bach - Keyboard Concerto in DM, BWV 1052 - Soloist: Jenessa Mok
G.F. Handel - "Be Wise", "Ye Sons of Israel", "From the East unto the West"
Antonio Vivaldi - 'Autumn' from The Four Seasons - Soloist: Lachlan Wilkins
Vaughan Williams - 'Toward The Unknown Region'
Benjamin Britten - 'Matinees Musicales', an orchestral suite, after Rossini

Clarinets were only playing in the last two items on the program (The ones by Vaughan Williams and Benjamin Britten). They were both thoroughly enjoying to play, and my part was interesting! The second clarinet part (which is what I played) had quite a few key parts, and a couple of solo / soli with other instruments bits.

It was heaps of fun, and I can hardly wait for the next set of concerts, in the second half of the year!

For now.. time to concentrate on preparing for my Grade 8 AMEB practical exam!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, feel free to add a comment!
Please no swearing / inappropriate language etc., please.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!