Friday 2 May 2014

Easter Holidays


Because we are now a week into term two, I think I should post about the happenings over the holidays, before it's way too late to comfortably do so!

The holidays started a little hectic - mad cleaning and preparations. But for what?
My two eldest sisters were coming home for Easter!

That Sunday, they arrived. The next day was spent preparing their combined birthday party (which was also combined with my 14-year-old sister's birthday).

You could say the party was a flop.. only a couple of people turned up, and everyone was too tired to do anything. We played guitar hero and ate some food, and then watched television.

My brother's girlfriend had also turned up to stay a couple of days. That was also a great deal of fun!


Holy Thursday and Good Friday came around, and we went off to Church. Afterward the Good Friday mass I got to see a couple of my good friends who are currently at university, but were back up for the holidays.

On Holy Saturday we went to the Easter Vigil mass. I love the Easter vigil.. it's one of my favourite masses of the year.. it's beautiful.
I also went to Mass on Sunday morning, which was also beautiful.

That afternoon, on Easter Sunday, we went to the beach.

While we were there, my Mother and my 21-year-old sister organised family photos:


A nice one!
The 'crazy' shot
Yeah, we got really sandy after this one

Also, while there, I went off and decided to make an attempt at sand sculpture. At the beginning, my sculptures kept falling apart, much to my dismay. Eventually, however, I managed to sculpt this, in honour of Easter Sunday:





Also during my sisters' visit, we went to Coffs Harbour to play mini-golf (putt-putt).

My 21-year-old sister's boyfriend enjoyed the fact that we live on the river, by fishing. A lot. He even went fishing at 2am one night. I was glad to know he was enjoying himself.

One day Mum and my sister went to BigW, and came home with a basketball hoop, bicycle, scooter, some Frisbees, and I managed to get a deal on a basketball and volleyball. Yay for outside toys.

Then, one day, it came to be that it was my sisters' last day. They were packing  the car, and left early in the morning. It was rather nice to see them again, and will hopefully see them again soon!



The whole family! (Except from the cats..)



What did you do over the Easter break?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, feel free to add a comment!
Please no swearing / inappropriate language etc., please.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!