Saturday 7 June 2014

Daybook - No. 3

Outside my window...
I hear busy sounds of the highway.


I am thankful...

That I was able to go and see the Sydney Youth Orchestra perform last night!

I am thinking...
About tonight

Learning all the time...
This week, I was given the opportunity to go through the basics of the fancy mixing desk at TAFE with my fellow classmates. I was their teacher. It was great learning how to teach.


From the kitchen...
Nothing at the moment, should probably organize dinner!


I am creating...
I'm in the middle of four drawings now, plus three pieces of music.

I am working on...
Getting up at a decent time each day (it doesn't always work, though!)

I am going...
To my friend's birthday party tonight!

I am hoping...
That my body will stop being painful. I've strained my right hand, so I can't play piano or clarinet at the moment. I also had a fall the other day, and now it's painful to kneel on my left knee.


I am praying...
That everything turns out fine.

I am pondering....

What will Sydney be like?

I am reading...
'Imogen's Chance' by Paula Vince

I am listening to......
'Love Is An Open Door' from Frozen


I am hearing...
The hum of the highway


I am struggling...
With the inability to play music. Thank goodness I draw with my left hand, otherwise I would feel even more lost!

Around the house...
People are relaxing.

One of my favorite things...
Doughnuts.

A few plans for this week...

Party tonight, then church tomorrow, then sleep!

A little peek at my day...
I woke up very late today. I read some of 'Imogen's Choice' (it's turning out to be quite a good read!), and had a shower. Now I am quickly typing up a blog post before I go out.


I put one of Mum's cast-magnet-things on my
hand in the hope that it will help!


4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear you've hurt your hand. I'vehurt mine several times before, and it's so hard to do anything, isn't it? I hope your hand feels better soon. My advice is to definiteoy wear a brace and give it plenty of rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is quite difficult to do anything! At least I can draw and read still, so I'm really grateful for that! Thanks for the advice! I've been trying to keep it rested.. it can get difficult at times when I absent-mindedly use it, though, and end up hurting it!

      Delete
  2. Helena,

    I'm also sorry to hear about your hand. I've never had a hand injury but I did injure my knee a year or so ago. This was very frustrating as I wanted to run. It's hard not being able to do things we love. Did you overuse your hand? Is that why it's strained? Take care. Hope it's better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue,

      Thanks, it is very frustrating! I think I have probably overused my hand. It started hurting when I'd push myself up from the floor (I sit on the floor a lot), and it hurt right through my hand. So that plus playing clarinet and piano all the time probably caused it to be overused. Thank you!

      Delete

Hey, feel free to add a comment!
Please no swearing / inappropriate language etc., please.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!